Friday, December 31, 2010

Slider Bar

For Denis's birthday this year I invited both of our immediate families to dinner to celebrate. Instead of doing a formal sit down dinner we did a casual slider bar. It was kind of like having a summer barbeque in the middle of the winter. On the menu were both cheeseburger sliders and pulled pork sliders. Since it was Denis's birthday he chose the menu so I also made lobster mac and cheese. Super tasty! I put a variety of toppings out to go with the burgers and also served a salad on the side. I used two different types of cheeses and used whole wheat and regular potato rolls, both slider size. Since it was a casual dinner I didn't want to be in the kitchen the entire time everyone was here, so I was able to prepare everything ahead of time, all I needed to cook was the burgers. The Pulled Pork was easy because I was able to cook it in the crock pot the night before. I can't wait to try this in the summer!

Cheese Burger Sliders
Serves 12 (2 Burgers per person)

Ingredients

3lbs ground beef
4 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra to grease grill or grill pan
2 large shallots, grated
1 tablespoon dried basil
salt and pepper
6 slices cheddar, halved
6 slices swiss, halved
24 rolls

Directions

In a large bowl combine ground beef, olive oil, shallots, basil and salt and pepper.

Separate into 24 mini burgers.

Heat grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Coat with olive oil. Cook burgers about 5 minutes on each side then add cheeses, a half per burger.

Place each burger in a bun and serve!

Toppings

Kethup
Sautéed Mushrooms
Sautéed Onions
Tomatoes
Pickles
Lettuce
Mustard
Mayo
Mayo and Kethup (1/4 cup of each)
Salsa
Raw Onions

Pull Pork Sliders

No comments:

Post a Comment