Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sausage - Cheddar Balls

I just subscribed to Martha Stewart's Everyday Food and they have some great, easy recipes. The first recipe I made was Sausage-Cheddar Balls. I've made these twice now and I tried them 2 different ways. I think they are delish! Below I've included the original recipe, but the 2nd time I tried the recipe I used Hot Italian Sausage and Three Cheese Cheddar. They were pretty spicy, so if you like "hot" this option would work for you. I love Buffalo Chicken so I think I am going to experiment next time with chicken sausage, blue cheese and Buffalo Sauce. I will definitely blog it when I do!

Sausage-Cheddar Balls
Everyday Food
Serves 4

Ingredients

1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups grated cheddar
1 lb bulk breakfast sausage
1/2 large yellow onion, grated on large holes of a box grater
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, ground pepper, cayenne pepper and baking powder. Add grated cheddar and toss to coat. Add sausage, grated onion and melted butter.

3. With your hands, mix until well blended and roll mixture into 1-inch balls. Place balls, 1/2 inch apart, on baking sheet. Bake until balls are golden and cooked through about 25 minutes. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment