Sunday, May 23, 2010
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Monday, May 10, 2010
Since I am in the process of getting my cookie store website going, I wanted to teach myself how to do a few new techniques with icing. I thought these roses would be a good place to start in the flower area. I was so happy when I was finally able to do them, so I made Mother's Day cookies for my Mom and Mother-In-Law.
Last week I was watching Rachael Ray and she made these great Chicken Parm inspired burgers. So I decided to make a more low cal version of my own. It is really easy and especially delish because tomatoes are almost in season!
Grilled Turkey or Chicken Parm Burgers
1 pound Turkey or Chicken Meat, Lean (I used Turkey)
3 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 cup packed fresh basil, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 medium vine ripe tomatoes, halved
1 teaspoon olive oil
8-10 ounces block of reduced calorie Mozzarella cheese, sliced for 4 burgers
4 English Muffins
1. In a medium non-stick fry pan, heat oil on medium-high heat. Once the oil is heated place tomatoes in the pan, be careful of splattering. Reduce heat to medium-low and let sit for 20- 25 minutes (or until tender), covered.
2. While grill is heating and tomatoes are cooking, combine the turkey or chicken meat, Parmesan Cheese, chopped basil, salt and pepper.
3. Put the meat in a mound and score to form 4 sections. Then form into patties. Place on the grill until cooked through, or the thermometer reads about 160 degrees.
4. Meanwhile, toast English muffins.
5. Remove the tomatoes from the stove. Place tomatoes and a slice of mozzarella cheese on each burger on the grill, cover until melted.
6. Place some mixed greens on the English muffins and serve.