Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
I gave up desserts and sweets for Lent (seriously challenging for someone who LOVES baking). And once it was over I was looking for something really yummy to make up for 40 days of no sweets! Then my cousin Megan, #14, sent me a link to the website Stumbleupon.com with this recipe for Cookies and Cream Cheesecakes . It was perfect timing, especially since cheesecake is my fav dessert. I made them for a relaxing night at our friends' the Bewalders and they were unbelievably yummy. Plus side to these delish treats very, very easy to make. Next time I plan on using double stuff Oreos to make them that much better. Even Denis couldn't resist these little snacks, he told me it was one of the best desserts he'd ever had, I just knew Megan found an amazing recipe (thanks Meg).
Cookies and Cream Cheesecakes
Martha Stewart's Cupcakes: 175 Inspired Ideas for Everyone's Favorite Treat
Makes 30 Cheesecakes
42 Oreos, 30 left whole and 12 coarsely chopped (this is a regular size package of Oreos)
2 pounds cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup sour cream
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line standard muffin pans with liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each liner.
2. Beat cream cheese at medium speed using an electric mixer. Gradually add sugar, beating until combined. Beat in vanilla.
3. Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies.
4. Divide batter among pans.
5. Bake for about 22 minutes or until filling is set. (I ended up baking them for a total of 30 minutes, but your oven may be different so I recommend starting with 22 minutes and checking them after that.)