Sunday, July 4, 2010

Lemon-Pepper Ricotta Spread

My friend Allison's birthday was last weekend and on Saturday night we went to her house for a birthday celebration barbeque. I just bought the Single BBQ dip bowl from my entry "A Few of My Favorite Things....Summer Grilling and Entertaining". I was dying to use it so I made this dip by Rachael Ray, I think it was a big hit and it looked super cute in the little grill! I also made Chocolate Dirt Cupcakes as well, that recipe coming soon!

Rachael Ray
Suggested Serving Size 4-6

Ingredients

12 rounds sliced baguette or 8 larger rounds semolina bread
1 cup ricotta
1/2 cup softened cream cheese
1 lemon
A few sprigs fresh thyme, leaves chopped
1 small clove garlic, grated or minced
1 teaspoon coarse black pepper

Directions

Bake bread 10 to 12 minutes in a preheated 325 degree F oven to toast.

Gently squeeze liquid from ricotta in paper towels. Combine the ricotta with the cream cheese in a food processor and add zest and juice of 1 lemon, thyme, garlic and pepper. Process until smooth and transfer to a serving dish. Serve with toast.

NOTE: The recipe says it serves 4 to 6 but it definitely served more people than that, so I had extra toast on hand. If I made this dip again I think I would double the recipe since it was eaten so fast!


No comments:

Post a Comment