Sunday, September 11, 2011

Gina's Cheddar and Herb Biscuits

I have tried a few different roll and biscuit recipes and this one is hands down the easiest. I am by no means afraid of yeast but I liked how this recipe didn't call for it, I've found that biscuits don't usually but other dinner rolls have. These almost reminded me of Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits! Since we were entertaining I was able to make these in advance and hang out with our Dad's for Father's Day. I bake them right before we ate so they were nice and warm when served!
The Neelys
Makes 12 to 15 ( I made 12)



Ingredients
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
  • 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley leaves
  • 3/4 cup grated sharp yellow Cheddar
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cayenne together using a whisk. Add the herbs, cheese and buttermilk. Stir together until dough forms.

Once dough has formed, using an ice cream scooper, scoop out dough onto baking tray. With a brush, lightly butter tops. Bake for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment