Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Oreo and Fudge Ice Cream Cake

For dessert (on Father's Day) I wanted to go simple and make something that I knew everyone was going to love and enjoy. As I was searching for an easy no-bake recipe I came across this one on Kraft.com. It was so yummy and great for a summer dessert (really anytime this was so good). I didn't make this to be low fat but you could swamp the higher fat and calorie ingredients for lower ones. Also I added a some extra Oreos on top for a little decoration, presentation is everything! This is a kid friendly recipe too, there isn't any baking involved and it would be fun making all the layers. After I made the cake I froze it for a little over 4 hours and it froze perfectly. I was able to make clean slices so everyone could enjoy some. They were decent portions and I even had some leftovers.


www.KraftRecipes.com
Serves 12


Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
  • 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
  • 1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
  • 8 OREO Cookies, chopped (about 1 cup)
  • 12 vanilla ice cream sandwiches
Directions

Pour fudge topping into medium bowl. Whisk in 1 cup Cool Whip. Add dry pudding mix; stir 2 minutes. Stir in chopped cookies.

Arrange 4 ice cream sandwiches, side-by-side, on 24-inch-long sheet of foil; with half the Cool Whip mixture.

Top with remaining sandwiches. Frost top and sides with remaining Cool Whip. Bring up foil sides; double fold top and ends to loosely seal packet.

Freeze for 4 hours or until firm.




No comments:

Post a Comment