Monday, January 10, 2011

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

So this is my last peanut butter related dessert I am making for a while. I just can't help myself, I could eat peanut butter everyday, seriously! I received a Cookie Cookbook for my birthday a few weeks ago (thanks Lisa!), and it is full of great cookie and dessert bar recipes, there are sure to be some more entries in the future from this book. The recipe says it makes 7 1/2 dozen but I made them bigger using a 2 inch ice cream scoop. The scoop was helpful because all the cookies were the same size and shape and tasted AMAZING! Denis said these were his favorite chocolate chip cookies I ever made.

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Taste of Home Cookies
Yields 7 1/2 dozen small cookies, about 4 dozen larger cookies


Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped peanut butter cups ( about six 1.6-ounce packages)

Directions

In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and peanut butter cups.

Drop by rounded spoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes for smaller cookies, 12-14 minutes for larger cookies, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.

NOTE: Reduced-fat or generic brands of peanut butter are not recommended for this recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment