Monday, June 21, 2010

Pepperoni Pizza Puffs

I love pepperoni pizza so when I was reading April's issue of Everyday I wanted to make this recipe immediately, but I didn't have an occasion. So when my Mom asked me to make an appetizer for the after the Golf Outing party I decided on these. Part of the reason I went with this recipe was because I needed to make them the night before. I didn't end up freezing them, I only put them in the fridge over night and reheated them the next evening. The magazine suggests to freeze them in a single layer on a baking sheet, then transfer to a freezer bag. When you are ready to serve them, bake the frozen puffs on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes.

Rachael Ray Everyday Magazine


Ingredients

3/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup whole milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
4 ounces pepperoni, cut into small cubes (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup store-bought pizza sauce
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
1 red bell pepper, sliced

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.

2. Stir the batter and divide amoung the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.

3. Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through, then stir in 1 tablespoon basil. Sprinkle the puffs with the remaining 1 tablespoon basil. Serve the puffs and red pepper slices with the pizza sauce for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment