Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 burger)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup Special Sauce (see recipe below)
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns
- 4 curly leaf lettuce leaves
This recipe calls for using the outside grill but since ours is covered with snow I am substituting the grill for an indoor grilling pan.
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Divide turkey mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 3/4-inch-thick patty. Place patties on grill pan coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until done.
Spread 2 tablespoons Special Sauce over top half of each bun. Place lettuce leaves on bottom halves of buns; top each with 1 patty and top half of bun. Cut each burger in half.
Yield: 3/4 cup (serving size: 2 tablespoons)
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover; refrigerate.
For those of you on Weight Watchers this is 6 points!
I toasted the bun for a few minutes so it was crispy on the inside. Add homemade fries and a cold beer for a yummy meal.